Parish Centre, Abbey Room
The Parish Centre is in Gosditch Street tucked away off the road.
It used to be the Unitarian Chapel but has now been converted into three rooms of varying sizes
The Parish Centre was constructed within the shell of the old Unitarian Chapel, first used as a Presbyterian Chapel possibly as early as 1662.
When in use as a chapel it consisted of a panelled single story building, which had originally had galleries to the NW and SE.
In 1891 the SW gallery was removed and the NE gallery altered to form an upper room. In 1891 the pulpit was re-sited at the SW end and the seating was renewed.
Services, latterly attended by a few elderly, took place in the Chapel up to 1978. No services were held after 1979.
The chapel, by then in a state of dilapidation, was acquired by Cirencester Parochial Church Council in 1995 and the present Centre was officially opened in May 2000.
A lift enables disabled people to reach the first floor where the Abbey Room can be set up for talks, parties, banquets and a host of other uses. With a kitchen next door, catering is easy. The Abbey room is upstairs with its kitchen and reached by stairs or lift. It has flexible seating plans for lectures, talks, receptions, parties, functions, corporate events and many more such opportunities. It can seat 60 persons.
The Gosditch and the Forum room are on the ground floor and are where the Parish Office and the Church Shop office are located.
Behind the Centre is a pleasant garden.
Bookings for the Abbey room can be made through the Office:
9am - 1pm, Mondays to Fridays.